If you are interested in learning more, please email adrian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am looking for a new co-coordinator to help run the San Francisco Natural History Series. We organize one talk a month (usually with the exception of December) around the concerns of San Francisco natural history — you can learn more about the talks (if you don’t already know) at http://sfnhs.com.
The list below is the whole range of things the coordinators do — the duties which you would divide with me.
I would also be interested in having more single-minded collaborators to do more with either the website or Facebook — if you are interested in that, please send me an email.
- Running sfnhs.com
- posting new talks
- writing up lecture notes
- Sending out emails (twice a month)
- Managing the email list
- Managing the Twitter account (@sfnaturalist)
- Managing a Facebook page
- Posting events to other services (I’ve gone back and forth on the usefulness of this)
- Sending out postcards (we’ve not done this in a while, but typically we did this twice a year)
- Finding speakers
- Needs Persistence and patience – finding how best to talk to potential speakers
- Arranging dates – with both speaker and venue
- A/V setup
- beforehand — also making sure of the speakers needs and equipment
- having all the cables
- Setting up the space (we have more to do when at the Randall)
- projector to computer, speakers, or whatever the speaker might need, email list signup, donation jar (when applicable)
- MC – introducing the speaker and the series
- (temporary) Looking for places to hold talks from October through at least part of next year.
Things to Know
- For the moment are a wandering series, while the Randall undergoes reconstruction – we don’t know exactly when we’ll go back and we don’t have a definite place for the months to come (we’ve so far been at the Exploratorium and Green Apple Books on the Park)
- We don’t have a budget per se (the Randall has helped us defray costs for postcards, and when we are at the Randall do give out a small speaker fee)
- Doing promotion better/smarter (without any additional funds, and limited time)
- Growing our promotion lists
- Making sure there is a clear understanding between coordinators about roles and what they can accomplish